...follow me on my self-taught design adventures...

4/20/11

where i got my practical skills

My dad is a master electrician. He is definitely talented in his field. After getting laid off, every successive company he worked for asked him to cut corners on building safety code. For this reason he took the leap to go into business for himself. After hearing this he unknowingly gained a level of respect from me that wasn't there before, though you'd probably not be able to tell that from listening to us argue.


This is the front...


...and back of the card I made for him. 2007

One day after picking me up from work some years ago, something randomly broke in the steering column of his truck. I watched him jam a screwdriver into just the right spot in order to crudely steer long enough to make it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment