...follow me on my self-taught design adventures...

7/12/11

the small comforts of bartering

I work for a small urban farm in Kingston known as Main St. Market. It is decidedly my fun job. I am in charge of helping the small family run operation prepare to start selling food at the local farmers market on top of what they're already working on (which is feeding 35 families on produce grown from a community garden by the way!).

On one such week, I was selling veggies and bread at the Wally Elmer Community Centre when my market neighbour Yvonne mentioned she is wanted a business card made for her blossoming baked goods and knitting business. I photographed the graphic from her flyer and cleaned it up before making the card itself.





My freezer is now the proud owner of 5 (-1) apple pies! I love Kingston food community!! (2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment